Friday, March 11, 2011

Almost to 1900!! Friday's Adventures!

First of all, I found a dream car in Portland, complete with many hood ornaments and stickers. Now why couldn't I be test driving this one?













Two of my daughters had doctor appointments at Shriner's Hospital in Portland, so off we went. (I had to get up at about 4 a.m. so we could get newspapers out before I left for Portland). On the way, I stopped at Bonneville Dam for a quick photo.


After the appointments and a lunch together, I used the handy dandy MyFordTouch navigation system to find out where some Ford dealerships that I could visit were located.

First, I visited Courtesy Ford outside of Portland. It's actually kinda fun to pull up knowing that people will be excited to see the car that they will soon be selling but have heard about!


The second stop was at Gresham Ford, in Gresham, Oregon. I showed it to several employees, who enjoyed seeing it. Then the manager came out. Her name is Bess Wills. She was pretty interested in my project and offered to make a donation of $100 from the Employee's donation fund, so this donation is from the employees of this dealership. THANKS Gresham Ford employees and Bess!



She had already made the donation before I got home! She also may try to help me get the word out or with some other ideas to help me with the fundraising. If anyone wants to go buy a Focus (or other FORD) from her, be sure you tell her after the sale is complete and she will donate $100 to LWB (or your favorite church or charity), which is somethings she does if you mention it after the completion of the sale. Thanks so much Bess for your help!

With this donation, we are now at $1400.
Mileage update: 1868 miles driven

The third dealership was in The Dalles, Oregon, called Ray Schultens Ford. Here I met more employees, and pictured here are my friends Izzy and Austin. I hope you have much success selling the new Focus! After leaving Portland, we had also stopped for another quick picture: this was at Multnomah Falls.


1 comment:

  1. Gresham Ford is happy to cheer you on. Our "Contribute to the Community" program is something that all Gresham Ford employees are passionate about. Each and every employee contributes to the fund. It's wonderful to see others that follow their passion.

    ReplyDelete