Monday, March 14, 2011

And You Thought the Exciting Adventures Were Over





Well, today was somewhat interesting. This morning, I drove up to Yakima, Washington and met a few people at the the Valley Ford Dealership. Then I drove back to Richland. On my way back I stopped at a National Historic Site called the Teapot Dome Service Station. I wonder how many people visit this site every year? Doesn't this just make you want to visit the state of Washington?














I stuck around town for a while, but later I needed to take my son somewhere.
(Note to self: You are no longer on the Track in Spain, participating in "Driving Faster".)

(Second Note to Self: Be sure you tell everyone that yes, this car can go fast and is funner to drive than a Mini-van. )

I was not the only one to Start Something More than a Car today. Someone else started his flashing red and blue lights.

I had the opportunity to tell someone else about why this car was in my possession. ( I wonder if he really believed it all started with a Facebook contest?) I thought it was best not to ask for his picture.

As this new acquaintance of mine was running my background check or whatever it is that they do while you are waiting, I also had the opportunity to remember that as I was there on the side of the road, in my ALL NEW 2012 Ford Focus, with the identifying information on the side of the car, other people were driving past. How many of these people told their passengers "Hey, isn't that the lady we saw on the news a week ago?" "Yeah, I think she's the one that is trying to drive 10,000 miles for her charity!" "Well, she must be trying to do it all today."

Well, despite this little setback, we are up to $1705 in donations! Thank you Yueben and Weijun, Jan, Marcy, Jeannine, Deb and Betsy!!

I have now driven 2,325 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment