Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Little Morning Drive

Saturday morning, I left for a little drive, to get the mileage to 2,000. I was successful and and actually got to about 2,040 miles. I drove into Oregon again and drove to Pendleton. It was quite uneventful, which isn't a bad thing. I did stop at a convenience store in Pendleton. On the way back, I took this picture at a rest stop. The sign says "Oregon Trail". If you drive around in Oregon and Washington, you are at times going along the Oregon Trail or the routes taken by Lewis and Clark many years ago. You may be thinking at this point that after having the car for about a week and a half, with only 4 and a half weeks to go, and only being at about 2000 miles that maybe I better be stepping it up. You are right. And my longest trips are still ahead. I've only just begun to drive!

I am still at $1400....I also need to step up my work at trying to find people who are willing to help me out with my goal of $10,000. I have 4 and 1/2 weeks to go...Ford is providing the gas money to help me with this project, but the fundraising is up to me. If you feel you can donate 20 or 25 or another desired amount, please consider this. It is for baby formula for babies in China. Please consider helping me with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment