Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday's Excursions


Saturday morning, Bonnie and Gracie and I left to drive up to the Spokane area. We have friends that live in Valleyford, near Spokane. Bonnie and Gracie are adopted from the same orphanage in China. I had been asked to help find families for Bonnie and this boy in this photo, Michael. We decided to adopt Bonnie and then Michael's parents saw my posts about a family for Michael and he was adopted a few months after we adopted Bonnie. So, the three oldest of the kids in this photo all lived in the same orphanage for most of their lives before being adopted to the US. So, we visited Michael and his family. I also drove up to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and visited a FORD dealership there. I was a little later getting there than I'd planned, and when I got there, there were 3 people waiting for me. They had been told that a 2012 Focus was coming to visit and they wanted to see it. I think they enjoyed seeing the car.

Miles driven so far as of Sat. night: 968
Money earned as of Sunday afternoon: $995

Thanks Janna, Kathy S., Jim and Megan and Mary!

Tomorrow I will be having an interview with a television station....

Just because I'm driving a fancy car doesn't take away my tendency to have a hard time going in the most speedy route. Several times yesterday I found myself not where I intended. Part of it was user error with the built in Navigation unit. Part of it was missing a turn off which added some miles on my return last night. Another was our little surprise visit to the cow farm (Todays Point of Interest: see black retangle above, there really are cows there.) Needless to say, when I got home last night with 968 miles done, it was not all intentional.



No comments:

Post a Comment