Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Latest News: UTAH



Ok, I hope this turns out ok. Since I am not on my own computer, and not being extremely talented in the technology department, I was able to upload some photos, but don't know how to cut and paste without a real mouse. Pictured to the left is the car in Provo, with a part of the Rocky Mountains which end at the Salt Lake and Utah Valleys. I have lived in Sandy, Bountiful and Provo at times in my life and remember how beautiful the mountains are (in comparison with the small hills in Richland). The Rockies are gorgeous.
Yesterday morning, around 5:30 a.m. we left for Utah. We had quite a few stops, so short and some longer.


I took a picture just before going into Utah from Idaho with the brewing storm ahead. We got a bit of hail and snow. The most exciting part was the fog, and I had to slow down. But, then I realized that most of the fog was on my side of the windshield and things were quite a bit better after we put on the defrost. See how good I am at these kinds of things?


We stopped for a photo with the Great Salt Lake. I was too cheap to pay $10 to go into the park, so we went looking for a free spot for a photo. This took us off the paved road onto the dirt road with holes filled with dirty water, so we got in our little bit of FOCUS OFFROAD excitement.


I had to document the need for a carwash (above). Later, we did get a car wash, just before meeting up with Heather, who is another LWB volunteer who lives in the Salt Lake Valley. She has been helping me with donor communications in Nutrition and Orphanage Assistance. We met, and got a few photos. THANKS Heather!!














Below also is a photo of me at Larry H. Miller Ford in Provo Utah. It is the only Ford dealership I will stop at on this trip, though I have passed by several others, but just was too pressed for time to stop.
















1 comment: