Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moving Past 4,000!!!!


Last night when I got back from Idaho, it just wasn't on the list of things to do before I got some sleep! I got up this morning and drove back down the road about 2 hours and after a new wash and shine up, showed it to the very interested sales staff a Legacy Ford here in LaGrande, OR.The general manager here, Greg, told me that they would donate $1.00 per mile from Richland to LaGrande for me. ($260) Thank you so much Legacy Ford of LaGrande!
I am updating sitting here at someone's desk. They really liked seeing the car...like young kids at Christmas! In a while, I will head back home. TOTAL donations: $2235



When I got home last night, I was at 4318 MILES!!! Now, going backwards from last night (Friday). We got home about 9:30 p.m. We had just driven through a rainstorm, so my car was quite wet, as it was still raining at my house. So, I put the car in the garage and vacuumed and shined it up, hoping that when I left in the morning to go back the way I'd just come to LaGrande, over the pass, that it would not be wet, snowy, dirty, or raining. Risk I took but didn't happen. Still had to re-wash this morning. This last photo was taken at Meridian Ford yesterday in Meridan, Idaho, which is near Boise. This dealership was very helpful to Deb Mann when she was trying to get some photos of herself with a Ford Focus for one of my upcoming videos. This is family owned and operated and I am pictured here with one of the guys whose family owns and operates it, Patrick Chetwood.


As I may have indicated a couple days ago, I enjoy seeing capitol buildings. And since I was in Boise, we found this building and took a picture here and started a new mission for me as I drive this car around, to add the capitol buildings I get to. I had just met Deb Mann at her place of employment. This was the first time we met and she gave me the banner she had made that was in her photos with the Focus that will be shown in my last video I make. It was great to meet Deb. THANKS for your help and support Deb!
Previous to meeting her, I picked up my daughter and her friend in Gooding, Idaho and they kept me company for the rest of the day's trip. I told my daughter's friend Mai, about my project and in Boise she handed me a check for $100...thank you so much Mai. This got me to my current amount of donations ($1975). We are closing in on $2000.




This is a very good friend of mine that I met up with in Blackfoot, Idaho near the start of my day's journey. We ate breakfast at McDonald's and had a nice little visit! Great to see you, Loralee!
After breakfast, I visited 20th Century Ford in Blackfoot, Idaho and Courtesy Ford in Pocatello, Idaho.
More showing off the car! Good luck to them all in their work to sell these Focus 2012's















In the morning, in Idaho Falls, at my sister's house, I took a picture of her son Eli. Eli needs an 8 hour project for service for a merit badge. He is going to do work for him mom and she donated $100 to my project. THANKS so much Eli and Carol and Mark. This brought me up to $1875.







No comments:

Post a Comment