Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 2: LOTS of driving....


My husband wanted to go fishing today, so we decided I would transport him to his fishing spot and get some miles. I dropped him off and headed out on my own little adventure. We figured out how to get the phone paired up to the car, and it was way cool because I was driving along talking on the phone without holding a phone! Pretty neat! I ended up at GRAND COULEE DAM! In Grand Coulee, I visited Jess Ford and showed off the car. The dealer was happy to see it, and I loved her helping me out a bit with the technology. She also gave me a $20 donation (Thanks Heidi!!) In my travels today, I also used the Navigation feature and that is really cool too. Like a built in GPS!


I figured in my travels I would find a post office so I could mail a few things I wanted to mail. I went in to Coulee City Post Office for that.










Miles Driven so far: 540
Money raised: .03 per mile
Donations: $145
Total for 10,000 miles: $445

Point of Interest: Gehrke Windmill Garden In Grand Coulee, WA!!

















I also visited Discovery Ford in Moses Lake, WA. Please feel free to spread the word about this project so that I can earn as much as possible for the baby formula!!

After driving on a Primitive Road, and many miles, I had to get a car wash this evening!


2 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty drive with all of those exposed sediments carved out on the way. My uncle used to work at Grand Coulee dam. It brings back good memories. How did Darrell do fishing? Where did you drop him off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool blog!! Love the photos! Drive safely and enjoy your wonderful journey in support of LWB!

    ReplyDelete