Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Focus on the Legacy

I am happy to report that tonight when I pulled into my driveway for the night, I was at 2500 miles. That is 1/4 of the way finished. Tomorrow will make 2 weeks since I got the car. That means 4 more weeks to do 3/4 of the driving! Actually the next four days I will be gone quite a lot. Tomorrow: Seattle Thanks to Beth for the donation to bring us to $1755!



Do you see this very small Nanchuan Nutrition Program baby? So small and with so much potential. Because this baby is in this orphanage, where we send formula regularly, this baby has the opportunity have a high quality formula and hopefully will grow and have the opportunity to be adopted and have a family. That is the LEGACY that Love Without Boundaries gives children. Through different programs and in different ways, our volunteers work to help these kids...some of them receive medical surgeries and some of them get a chance for an educational program that they wouldn't otherwise have. Some of them get a chance to be in a foster care program that helps prepare them for adoption. And some of them get good quality formula to help them grow. Ford has already been part of the legacy for these children in our nutrition programs because they donated $10,000. I hope that because of this project I'm doing, we will be able to provide it for even more kids.



Today I drove to Walla Walla and showed off the car to some guys at the Ford Store there. I also returned to the Legacy Ford in Pasco (my own area). I was able to meet with Josh Sykes today and he was very interested in my project and in helping me with it. On April 2, in Pasco at LEGACY Ford, the public will have the chance to come and see "my" Focus and talk to me about my project and about the car. Because of this event, my project will also be helped monetarily by Josh and Legacy Ford. Thank you so much Josh for taking the time to talk to me today, and for your willingness to truly be a LEGACY for these kids...for helping me make a difference in the lives of these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment